My Quest Hub
Pandemic Learning & Living
- Articles coming soon
- Anything more than Nothing is Something
- The Freedom of Restraint
- Words on the Way
- Ready Fire Aim
- Difference makes a Difference
- The Problem with Love
- What is Therapy?
- Be Your Destiny's Parent
- Change yourself because
- Life is Hard
- Turn Failure into Success
- Lessons from a Dog #231
- The Disappointment of Personal Development
- Change Who You Are
- Create the Right Time for Change
- Bitter Sweet Mindfulness
- Exploring the Shadows
- Are you holding on or letting go?
- I'm Sixty is it all over?
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- The Benefits of Volunteering
- World Laughter Day - 7th May
- Screen-Free Week, 1st – 7th May 2023
- World Smile Day
- How we can become the best dad we can be whilst maintaining our mental health?
- Kindness is a Superpower
- Coming together despite driving us apart - Therapeutic reflections from teaching during the pandemic
- Grief and Bereavement
- Love is Love
- LGBTQI Information Sheet
- Men's Mental Health
- Freeing the child within
- Learned Helplessness
- How Strengthening your FOUNDATION can change your life
- It’s Time to Talk – How to get men talking about mental health problems?
- Achieving Freedom
- Your Own Natural Pace
- Can't Shan't Won't
- Running - an uphill battle
- Is your Librarian Stressed?
- Why Smiling is Good for You
- You can choose your friends
- Create the Headspace
- Change your Thoughts, Change your Reality
- Belief Triangles
- Are your Red Boxes past their sell by date?
- All you need is Love
- The Spin Cycle of Everyday Life
- Tales of the Unexpected
- Problems come from your past, not your present
- Mind Travel
- Don't Kill your Dragons
- I'm OK are you OK?
- Cannabis: Addiction or Dependence?
- Don't fear change, change your fear
- How to be Certain about Uncertainty
- The Search for Something Bigger
- What have the Romans ever done for us?
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Personal Insights into a Breast Cancer Journey
- We are all fellow strugglers
- How I healed my OCD
- Work in Process
- Talking for Ted
- Facing your Fears
- The Magic Happens outside the Comfort Zone
- Nearly always look on the Bright Side of Life
- Vision Quest
- On New Year's Day I realised my worst fear
- Embrace your Space
- Tree Uprooted
- Why Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
Metaphor & Poetry
Random Acts of Kindness
- Chaos, Kindness and Satchmo
- You can't get on with everyone..
- Freeze, fight or flight! - choosing an Act of Kindness
- A Friend in Need
- Random Acts of Therapy
- No Time to be Kind?
- Stressing the Kindness
- Can one person make a difference?
- Should Kindness be one of your 5 a day?
- Tame your Teenager with Kindness
- To be Kind or not to be Kind
- What has Honesty got to do with Kindness?
- The Power of Compassionate Listening
- Unexpected Kindness
- How to be Kind at Christmas
- Be Kind - a Revolution in Mental Health
- What IS a Random Act of Kindness?
- Jelly Fishing
- Twelve Random Acts of Kindness
- All the Lonely People
- Oh No Here comes Christmas!
- Show all articles ( 6 ) Collapse Articles
- Therapy and Autoimmune Disease
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Cancer is as Much an Emotional Journey as it is a Physical One
- Dry January
- How I healed my OCD
- Sports Hypnosis
- Three Quick and Easy Ideas to Manage Stress
- Cool Ideas for Hot Women
- The Stress Factor
- Thinking Slimmer
- PTSD & Trauma Recovery
- Student Case Study – A Blood Phobia
- Time Travel to Success - a case study
- The Rejection Advantage
- Limited Loop of Beliefs
- Do you need to be liked?
- Arachnophobia - a case study
- Real Hope for Smokers
- My Friend Stress
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Addiction Illusions
- Anxiety & Depression
- Show all articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- The Universal Breath
- Battling Stress
- Menopause, The New/Old Hot Topic
- What Can I Do About Suicide
- Self Harm Factsheet
- What is resilience, and why do we need it?
- 100 Happy Days
- WOOP Goal Setting
- Your Best Interview Mindset
- Small Steps to Big Achievements
- Five Statements
- Manage your Risks
- The Double Age Rule
Watch and Listen
Children & Young People
Connecting with Nature
Latest Social Media News
This bank holiday Monday, we wanted to create a little resource for you. Just 60 mindful seconds to help you create a pocket of relaxation in your day.
We hope you feel as relaxed after watching this as we do after making it.
From all of us at QCHPA. ... See MoreSee Less
- Likes: 1
- Shares: 4
- Comments: 0
You live your life and experience your challenges within your model of the world. QCH Therapists respect that and will never try to impose the way they view the world on you.
We work within your model of the world. We will get to know your values, beliefs, strengths and boundaries, and will gently guide you towards the solution state you describe as what you are looking for.
Your model of the world is the map of your reality and how you experience life within it. It is likely that there is something happening within your reality which you aren't happy with and that's why you're exploring therapy. A QCH Therapist will help you identify and understand what that is and together you'll go on a Quest to adjust your map so that you have a route forward that feels good for you.
Is it just us, or does this image make you want to get the modelling clay out?!
Wishing you a great long weekend, from all of us at QCHPA. ... See MoreSee Less
Hypnosis is the experience of entering into a trance state.
Within Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy, we utilise the natural trance states that we enter in and out of everyday to help you overcome your problem.
Within QCH therapy sessions, they are not necessarily deep trance states and you will not feel like you are losing control.
Scroll through the graphics to learn more about how we view and use trance within Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy.
If you are troubled by a problematic trance state, search the QCHPA Therapist Finder, and one of our QCH Practitioners will be happy to support you. ... See MoreSee Less
"Change can happen." Thank you Sarah Ariss Cognitive Hypnotherapy for this wonderful reflection on what you wish more people knew about Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy.
Curiosity and an openness to change are important ingredients in the positive impact of therapy.
To find your local or online QCH Therapist or Coach visit the QCHPA Therapist Finder. ... See MoreSee Less
Did you know Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy is truly evidence-based?
Our therapy research was conducted by a team of QCHPA (Quest Cognitive Hypnotherapy Practitioners' Association) members using outcome measures that are standard within the NHS.
It demonstrated our effectiveness is greater for the treatment of anxiety and depression than other talking therapies used within the NHS (71% compared to 42%).
You can find out more about the evidence on the QCHPA website, but what does this mean for you?
We hope it gives you reassurance that our model of therapy is one you can trust.
We hope it gives you confidence that exploring treatment with one of our therapists is a positive step forward.
And we hope it gives you faith that lasting change really is possible. The evidence shows it to be true.
Search for your local or online therapist through the QCHPA Therapist Finder.
#hypnotherapy #QCH #therapy #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek #anxiety #depression #wellbeing ... See MoreSee Less