My Quest Hub
Pandemic Learning & Living
- Articles coming soon
- Anything more than Nothing is Something
- The Freedom of Restraint
- Words on the Way
- Ready Fire Aim
- Difference makes a Difference
- The Problem with Love
- What is Therapy?
- Be Your Destiny's Parent
- Change yourself because
- Life is Hard
- Turn Failure into Success
- Lessons from a Dog #231
- The Disappointment of Personal Development
- Change Who You Are
- Create the Right Time for Change
- Bitter Sweet Mindfulness
- Exploring the Shadows
- Are you holding on or letting go?
- I'm Sixty is it all over?
- Show all articles ( 4 ) Collapse Articles
- The Benefits of Volunteering
- World Laughter Day - 7th May
- Screen-Free Week, 1st – 7th May 2023
- World Smile Day
- How we can become the best dad we can be whilst maintaining our mental health?
- Kindness is a Superpower
- Coming together despite driving us apart - Therapeutic reflections from teaching during the pandemic
- Grief and Bereavement
- Love is Love
- LGBTQI Information Sheet
- Men's Mental Health
- Freeing the child within
- Learned Helplessness
- How Strengthening your FOUNDATION can change your life
- It’s Time to Talk – How to get men talking about mental health problems?
- Achieving Freedom
- Your Own Natural Pace
- Can't Shan't Won't
- Running - an uphill battle
- Is your Librarian Stressed?
- Why Smiling is Good for You
- You can choose your friends
- Create the Headspace
- Change your Thoughts, Change your Reality
- Belief Triangles
- Are your Red Boxes past their sell by date?
- All you need is Love
- The Spin Cycle of Everyday Life
- Tales of the Unexpected
- Problems come from your past, not your present
- Mind Travel
- Don't Kill your Dragons
- I'm OK are you OK?
- Cannabis: Addiction or Dependence?
- Don't fear change, change your fear
- How to be Certain about Uncertainty
- The Search for Something Bigger
- What have the Romans ever done for us?
- Show all articles ( 26 ) Collapse Articles
- Personal Insights into a Breast Cancer Journey
- We are all fellow strugglers
- How I healed my OCD
- Work in Process
- Talking for Ted
- Facing your Fears
- The Magic Happens outside the Comfort Zone
- Nearly always look on the Bright Side of Life
- Vision Quest
- On New Year's Day I realised my worst fear
- Embrace your Space
- Tree Uprooted
- Why Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
Metaphor & Poetry
Random Acts of Kindness
- Chaos, Kindness and Satchmo
- You can't get on with everyone..
- Freeze, fight or flight! - choosing an Act of Kindness
- A Friend in Need
- Random Acts of Therapy
- No Time to be Kind?
- Stressing the Kindness
- Can one person make a difference?
- Should Kindness be one of your 5 a day?
- Tame your Teenager with Kindness
- To be Kind or not to be Kind
- What has Honesty got to do with Kindness?
- The Power of Compassionate Listening
- Unexpected Kindness
- How to be Kind at Christmas
- Be Kind - a Revolution in Mental Health
- What IS a Random Act of Kindness?
- Jelly Fishing
- Twelve Random Acts of Kindness
- All the Lonely People
- Oh No Here comes Christmas!
- Show all articles ( 6 ) Collapse Articles
- Therapy and Autoimmune Disease
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Cancer is as Much an Emotional Journey as it is a Physical One
- Dry January
- How I healed my OCD
- Sports Hypnosis
- Three Quick and Easy Ideas to Manage Stress
- Cool Ideas for Hot Women
- The Stress Factor
- Thinking Slimmer
- PTSD & Trauma Recovery
- Student Case Study – A Blood Phobia
- Time Travel to Success - a case study
- The Rejection Advantage
- Limited Loop of Beliefs
- Do you need to be liked?
- Arachnophobia - a case study
- Real Hope for Smokers
- My Friend Stress
- Adverse Childhood Experiences
- Addiction Illusions
- Anxiety & Depression
- Show all articles ( 9 ) Collapse Articles
- The Universal Breath
- Battling Stress
- Menopause, The New/Old Hot Topic
- What Can I Do About Suicide
- Self Harm Factsheet
- What is resilience, and why do we need it?
- 100 Happy Days
- WOOP Goal Setting
- Your Best Interview Mindset
- Small Steps to Big Achievements
- Five Statements
- Manage your Risks
- The Double Age Rule
Watch and Listen
Children & Young People
Connecting with Nature
The thing that all Quest therapists have in common is that they want to help others. Many of our therapists work online and most will offer a free introductory session – use the Online filter in the Therapist Finder. Some have already taken the time to make relaxation or immune boosting recordings to help you through the next few weeks and whatever challenges you may be facing. We are pleased to be able to share them with you here.
Please only listen to these recording when you can safely relax. Do not listen while driving or operating machinery. Follow the government guidelines of safe distancing and self-isolation.
Trevor Silvester: Immunity Shield Booster
There are a number of recordings on the Quest Institute website that might be helpful at this difficult time. Trevor has just recorded a new one to help boost your immunity shield.
Laura Lohk: Heart Meditation
“The Institute of Heartmath discovered that if you actively focus on your physical heart, it reduces the presence of stress measurably.
Most of us spend a lot of our time in our head-brain. My clients often tell me how their head is so busy. They find it difficult to concentrate, relax and even wake up in the middle of the night with a busy mind. They are overwhelmed, often fatigued and find it hard to come out of this cycle. This research gives us a very simple way of reducing stress and anxiety by taking some time to shift our attention from our head to our heart, because this enables your body to relax and calms your mind.”
Victoria Ward: Immune Boost
Gemma Holmes – The Peer Coach
Free hypnosis track to release negative feelings
Sarah Ariss: Relaxing Light
Listen to Sarah’s Relaxing Light recording on Sound Cloud